Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Gay Calgary Magazine: Video Interview with Christepher Wee http://www.gaycalgary.com/Magazine.aspx?id=124&article=3900

Mr. Gay Canada 2014

Christepher Wee

Interview by Marisa Hudson (From GayCalgary® Magazine, February 2014, page 5)
Mr. Gay Canada 2014: Christepher Wee
Image by: GayCalgary Magazine

Mr. Gay Canada is not just a title – especially not to Christepher Wee, this year’s winner of the competition. To him, it’s what a person does with that title that matters, and Christepher is concerning himself with making a difference. After being inspired by his friend to donate money and energy into an orphanage in Cambodia that cares for children suffering from HIV, he began to set his sights elsewhere. In what other ways could he help travel the world and make a difference? The answer came to him in the world of pageants.
We were able to sit down and chat with Christepher about his victory, the support form the international community, and what he plans to do now that he has been voted in as Mr. Gay Canada.





17:2417:24

spaceplay / pause

escstop

ffullscreen
shift + slower / faster (latest Chrome and Safari)
volume

mmute
seek

 . seek to previous
126 seek to 10%, 20%, …60%
VIDEO - Mr. GayCanada Christepher Wee Interview

GC: How does it feel being the new Mr. Gay Canada 2014?
CW: I’m on cloud one hundred and ten, it’s been amazing! It didn’t really hit me until I got back to the hotel room and sat down – it just hit me. I was on such a high of excitement. I didn’t expect anything and I’m just so overwhelmed. I’mstill a bit overwhelmed. The support has been amazing. I won the People’s Choice Award, and that’s by voters online, and I had such overwhelming support from all over the world, especially from Asia. I think in Asia they made a connection, and I got to represent them, and their voice. In that culture you can’t really come out that much. I had so many messages every day on Facebook and on Twitter, thanking me and saying how proud they are of me. And when they found out I won, I got even more messages, I can’t even keep up with them. I’m really grateful for everyone who voted.

No comments:

Post a Comment